SPECIALTY: PA CARDIOVASCULAR W/FIRST ASSIST
LOCATION: NORTHERN CA
- Day shifts : four 10hr shifts a week
- Call: 1:3
- Inpatient role assisting in surgery, rounding on patients and call
- Fast growing heart program.
- Trauma Level 2
CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES (FIRST ASSIST SUPERVISING SURGEON) STANDARD SURGICAL PREOPERATIVE PROCEDURE
- Locates and displays imaging studies and pertinent information in the OR.
- Inserts urethral catheters and rectal temperature probes.
- Aids in insertion of/or inserts appropriate arterial and venous lines.
- Assists with placement of patient in appropriate surgical position, completes standard skin prep, and drapes patient for scheduled operation.
CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES (FIRST ASSIST SUPERVISING SURGEON) CARDIOVASCULAR PROCEDURES
- First assists the supervising surgeon during the procedure.
- Harvests saphenous veins/radial artery for coronary artery bypass in the personal presence of the supervising physician.
- Closes sternotomy, thoracotomy or abdominal wounds
- Closes wounds made for harvesting saphenous vein/radial artery.
PERFORMS PROCEDURES UNDER PROTOCOLS (POSTOPERATIVE PROCEDURES)
- Removes chest tubes when directed by supervising physician.
- Removes sutures and staples.
- Documents verbal orders given by the supervising physician on Physician Order Sheet. Verbal orders will be signed off by supervising physician within 24 hours.
PERFORMS PROCEDURES UNDER PROTOCOLS (ADDITIONAL TASKS PROCEDURES APPROVED BY THE MEDICAL BOARD)
- Chest tube insertion.
- Insertion of arterial, venous, and thermo dilution monitoring lines.
- Insertion of intra-aortic balloon
- Attends rounds and participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Uses multidisciplinary approach in planning patient care, considering needs for support services such as bioethics, discharge planning, social services, dietary, and therapies.
- Evaluates and provides individualized age-appropriate patient care.
- CA medical license in good standing
- 2 years of first assist experience
- The overall cost of living in this area is substantially less than the overall cost of living in the State of California.
- The population is growing in this area.
- There are boundless opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Approximate population is 100,000.
If you are interested in getting more information about this opportunity, please call Gary at 801-251-0524, and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent Placement Division Director
Sumo Medical Staffing