SPECIALTY: PSYCH AGES 12-20 MEDICAL DIRECTOR
LOCATION: WEST CENTRAL CT
- Functions as an effective member of the mental health team.
- Oversees Psychiatric care of all residents.
- Reviews medical concerns/history for potential resident for medical clearance at the request of Admissions.
- Ensures that a Psychiatric Evaluations are performed on each East Coast resident/patient within 48 hours of admission.
- Attend to residents requiring psychiatric assistance while in treatment.
- Facilitate Staff Training on pertinent Psychiatric issues and standards.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team Meetings.
- Liaison with staff Medical Director, Clinical Director, and other necessary treatment team members.
- Assist Newport Academy Outreach Team forge relationships with hospitals.
- Works in collaboration with staff APRN.
- Documents patient encounters through weekly progress notes and EMR. (Lightning Step)
- Manages a case load and works in conjunction with rest of psychiatry team including APRN’s and nursing staff.
- Coordinates psychology services with direct care and clinical staff as indicated.
- Works collaboratively with Psychiatry team regarding shared cases and treatment team’s weekly and as needed.
- Assists with providing cross-coverage to Psychiatry team cases when needed.
- Assists with patient admissions including initial evaluations and initial assessment documentation.
- Provides collateral/liaison contact to patient families.
- Provides collateral/liaison contact to outpatient providers for clients.
- Assists with utilization reviews for clients.
- Maintains excellent communication with other members of the clinical team, outpatient providers and family members.
- Completes discharge recommendation assessments as part of collaborative discharge summaries.
- Works in a collaborative environment including maintaining requirements of Physician Collaborative Agreements.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in Newport Academy’s policies and procedures.
- Administrative duties including staff schedules.
- Full time duties with some on-call responsibilities.
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD).
- Board Certified in Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatry.
- Licensed in the State of Connecticut.
- Experience with adolescent psychiatry preferred.
- Experience in a residential setting preferred.
- Medical Director/Physician leadership experience preferred.
- Pods are divided into 6-8 kids each.
- Patients are not labeled by disorder
- Kids attend school 2-3 hours/day
- Care coordinators are with the kids 24/7.
- patient ages 12-20
- M-F, 8-5
- Some call (to be determined based on available staff)
- 35 Admissions/month
- Daily "fast meeting" in each pod to review daily care plan.
- Medical directors are part of leadership and should share the corporate passion.
- Medical Director is responsible for care of 24 kids.
- EMR is Lighting Step
- Compensation Range $300,000 - $350,000
- Group Health Plan Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Group Universal Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- PTO - 120 hours first year
- Matching 401K
- 7 paid holidays
- Parental Leave
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please call Gary at 801-251-0524, and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference the job number above.
Permanent Placement Division Director
Sumo Medical Staffing